It is important to spend time identifying and correcting potential fire hazards in your home. Below are actions you can take to protect your home from common fire hazards.
- Protect your appliances by using surge protectors.
- If a cord is frayed or cracked, unplug the cord and replace it.
- Do not run cords underneath rugs or between rooms.
- Never place portable space heaters near flammable materials, such as drapery.
- Turn off space heaters when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Remember to never leave food unattended on a stove.
- Keep potholders and towels away from the cooking area.
- Avoid wearing loose-fitting sleeves when cooking.
- Use a timer to remind you that food is cooking. Use your phone, smart home devices or traditional alarm clock if your appliances do not have a working timer.
- Keep your oven and stove clean by wiping up spills to avoid grease buildup.
- Wait for grease to cool before disposing of it.
- If possible, have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry.
- If you leave home or go to bed, turn the dryer off.
- Blow out candles before going to sleep and any time you leave your home.
- Keep candles at least one foot away from any other objects.
- Always use candle holders on a flat surface away from an edge.
- Never use candles if an oxygen tank is in use.
- Choose flashlights instead of candles in case of a power outage.
- Do not leave candles or incense unattended.
- Keep lighters and matches out of reach of children.
If your property is damaged by a fire, call your insurance then call Palace Restoration. Our team will perform an expert evaluation to assess the extent of any structural damage or other safety concerns. With more than 50 years of experience helping Colorado property and home owners navigate unforeseen damage, our compassionate and knowledgeable staff is available 24/7 to assist you. We guarantee a smoke odor free environment when complete and that your property is as beautiful as ever.